Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: email@example.com
The Arizona Immersion ADV Training
We make it easy. A short and sweet training and wintertime ride in the heart of the American Southwest.
This tour is best suited for riders looking to expand their ADV and off road riding skills. It is categorized as ADVENTURE Training. You need not be an expert, but the novice will be tested. We consider this the perfect small bike tour. Riders may use their own motorcycles or rent one from MotoDiscovery. If you choose to ride a heavier motorcycle larger than 650cc, you will need to be able to demonstrate that you have the experience and physicality to match the size and performance of such a motorcycle. Arizona presents a unique opportunity to get away and ride in the middle of winter. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has superb flight schedules. This can be a seamless tour and training experience where all you need to do is show up and enjoy a fun, learn and get exceptional coaching in a small group. Early reservations are encouraged. Call us if you have questions.
NOTE: This tour, and all MotoDiscovery USA Back Road tours are highly subject to itinerary changes, even last minute, due to weather, forest fire threats, landslide road closures and ongoing research. Please accept this as the nature of adventure travel and count on MotoDiscovery serving your best interests and that of the enjoyment and safety of the group.
- Backcountry Discovery Routes has paved the way in researching the best-off road routes in many regions of the USA. In Arizona we will be following sections 1 and 2 of the AZBDR.
- Qualified trainers will help prepare you for the ADV world equipping you with the skills to take on more challenging rides. Our groups are small and focus on each person, no matter your skill level you will learn and grow on this tour.
- The training grounds are a fun way to learn skills that will stay with your riding adventures for years to come. Following the training you will be able to apply and expand your newfound skills on some of the most iconic roads and trails in the American southwest.
- You will marvel at the imagery of thousands of enormous saguaro cactus, up to 40 ft. tall, spreading across the open Sonoran Desert. You know you are in Arizona.
- The landscape experienced on the Arizona Immersion ADV Training Tour is more than just desert. You’ll realize this as we gain the summit of Mt. Lemmon and ride the historic Reddington Pass. The mountains of Arizona are part of the contrasts in beauty and elevation.
- For centuries, mining has contributed to the settling of Arizona. We’ll enjoy learning more about how gold, turquoise, copper, and coal have been a part of Arizona’s boom and bust mining history since the times of the earliest pioneers.
- Ride the epic 2 track roads through Mt. Wrightson Wilderness Area.
- We’ll get close to Mexico on this Arizona motorcycle tour riding the border lands through Coronado National Forest.
- Experience the best service packed into 2 days of training and 4 great riding days. This is the perfect riding adventure at a great value.
- Limited to ten (10) participants.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private training tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
Feb 22 – March 1, 2023
8 days/7 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Adventure Training - Expect off road challenges blended with training and some pavement riding. Midsize to smaller motorcycles recommended. Larger ADV motorcycles are adequate only in the hands of skilled riders.
Feb 22 – March 1, 2023
Starts at $5349 USD
Who is a good candidate for a training tour?
If you’ve never been on the dirt but have the desire and physical means this is a great start. More experienced off-road riders will also gain from this training tour as we focus on the fundamentals often lost over time.
What kind of curriculum can I expect?
We start off with a classroom session, move to an area where posture, body position, and other important basics are learned. By the end of the first day of training, slow speed skills are demonstrated and exercised. The second day we get into the real world environment of off-road touring, gradually elevating the technicality of the ride as you feel you are ready to advance. The key here is that the groups are small (maximum of 10). The training is geared to your personal progress and we don’t move ahead until you are ready.
Should I rent a bike or bring my own?
If you have one of the “mega” touring machines such as the BMW R1200GS, and you have not been off road with it, you may benefit from riding a lighter weight rental where the weight and performance will not be so overwhelming – so renting should be considered. Fear of dropping your bike is also inhibiting. Contact us to reserve a rental today.
What can you tell me about your rental motorcycles?
Rental offerings vary from season to season. Each unit is accessorized to offer optimum comfort and enhanced protection and rideability. Popular models include Suzuki DRZ400 and the venerable Yamaha WR250R, lightweight but perfectly suitable for the dual purpose role of road and off road travel demands of this event. Locations in Grand Junction, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona – Contact MotoDiscovery Rentals for details. Rental Terms and Conditions.
Can you tell me about flight and transportation options to get to the event?
Regarding arrival airports and transportation:
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has superb flight schedules. We will then transport to the Apache Junction area and start the training
I’m an experienced off-road rider but a little rusty. Can this course be good for me?
Of course. You will advance more quickly. You can then concentrate on those techniques that minimize stress and physical exertion, reducing fatigue, riding more smoothly and pushing the limits of your motorcycle. But we must stress that this course is not about speed. To the contrary. Slow speed maneuvering skills are essential. Managing all levels of terrain comfortably from rocky surfaces to loose sand is where we want to take you and even experienced riders will find this “tune up” to lead to more enjoyable riding.
Who will be coaching me?
Our coaches are the best. They not only demonstrate but they explain the physics of what makes for proficient riding. Safety is first. Always. Our coaches are touring people just like you and they have traveled internationally, experienced the challenges that come with international touring where the best roads and treasures are found off the pavement. Because we keep our groups to no more than 8 riders, you can count on getting their personal instruction.
Can you organize a training tour just for me, my club or family?
Yes. Customized tours and training is a MotoDiscovery specialty. It requires lead time so early planning is needed. The ideal season is spring and fall. Contact us for consultation.