Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: email@example.com
Baja & Copper Canyon Mexico Road Tour
Paved all the way, this is a great winter motorcycling escape. Ride Mexico!
This tour is ideal for any touring, cruiser or dual-purpose motorcycle as well as sidecars and trikes. A road tour, count on it being paved all the way. This tour enjoys the special dynamics of the famous Mexico Copper Canyon Train (Chepe) with overnight stays with magnificent views of the canyon complex. An overnight ferry transports the group across the Sea of Cortez from Baja to the Mexico mainland. This is an ideal ride for couples or singles. Early reservations are encouraged in order to secure the best of accommodations and services.
- Mexico. If there is road-worthy riding in this country, we’ve probably done it. Our old brand name, Pancho Villa Moto-Tours says it all; when it comes to motorcycle touring in Mexico, no one does it better than MotoDiscovery.
- The Baja Vibe. There is no place like it. Often barren, sparsely populated, at times unforgiving yet it is Mexico from top to bottom. Yes, it is called Baja California but be not mistaken, this nearly 1,000 mile peninsula is called puro Mexico.
- This is a PREMIUM quality event, on paved roads throughout. Exciting culture and history, incredible dining, superb accommodations, idyllic beaches, and of course excellent riding. Our service is genuine and legendary. This will be a holiday to remember.
- A selection of the popular BMW GS model motorcycles are available. You will want to share this one with your friends. Advance bookings are required due to the demand for ferry and train tickets. Please book early.
- The ferry is our means of getting over to mainland Mexico. While it is no Love Boat, it certainly has improved drastically over the decades of our Mexico travels. We’ll make the best of it with cabins for the riders and managing all the logistics and reservations.
- Cuisine. MotoDiscovery is famous for sitting at the world’s tables of fine dining and haute cuisine, but the Baja & Copper Canyon Road Tour stands out as a street food junkies paradise. On the Baja the pursuit is for the best fish or lobster tacos. Once on the mainland beef takes over. And we know where to find the best. More than great food, being part of Mexican traditions and joining the community is part of the cultural experience.
- One can not appreciate this 25,000 square mile section of the Sierra Madres without being aware of its inhabitants. Among the mestizo ( blend of European and native indigenous peoples) are the Tarahumara Indians. Many still live in caves and dress in their native attire. The Copper Canyon region has been their natural fortress for centuries, struggling to hold back the outside world. These migratory tribal peoples are known worldwide for their endurance running skills. Consider any encounter to be a special experience.
- From the vision of an Indian socialist Albert Kinsey Owen seeking to build a Utopian society in Mexico in the 1870s, until the final stake was driven, the Chepe Railroad took nearly 100 years to complete. Through financial difficulties, the Mexican Revolution and the enormous engineering and construction challenges, this railroad passage through the Sierra Madres to the Copper Canyon region is one of the worlds most famous.
- Each winter, from the Bering Sea off the coast of Alaska, nearly 25,000 Grey whales migrate over 10,000 miles round trip to the rich feeding grounds off the Pacific coast bays along the Baja Peninsula. In season, we include an exciting excursion to interact, up close, with these mammals that can weigh up to 41 tons and reach a length of 51 feet. Petting these friendly and engaging creatures is a highlight of this tour.
- This is a quality event, on paved roads throughout. Exciting culture and history, incredible dining, superb accommodations, idyllic beaches, and of course excellent riding. Our service is genuine and legendary. This will be a holiday to remember.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
Feb 19 – Mar 04, 2023
14 days/13 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Road Tour - for experienced road touring enthusiasts, suitable for any style motorcycle and is routed on paved roads throughout.
Feb 19 – Mar 04, 2023
Starts at $6,485 USD
Is this a good tour for a passenger? difficult is the riding?
Yes! You will want to share the experience with your riding partner. Roads are paved all the way. The services, quality of accommodations and uniqueness of the Baja Peninsula and the Copper Canyon makes this a romantic riding holiday experience.
What is a good motorcycle for this tour?
This tour is suitable for any road worthy touring, sport touring or dual-purpose adventure motorcycle. Trikes and sidecars are also acceptable.
How are the roads?
Expect road conditions to be of varying quality of paved surfaces. From open multilane toll highways to narrow country roads and mountainous curves.
How big are the groups?
As with any MotoDiscovery tour, count on the service to be the best. Groups are limited to 10 motorcycles and traditionally run small to permit a more relaxed pace and intimate touring experience.
When we overnight on the Copper Canyon rim, what do we do with our motorcycles?
This is a common question. The bikes and any unneeded luggage for our two night excursion to the Copper Canyon Rim, are secured in a walled-in Colonial era boutique hotel in the town of El Fuerte. We have practiced this for decades. Security of bikes and belongings is not an issue.
How is the weather?
MotoDiscovery travels during what we consider to be optimum riding seasons. Altitudes range from sea level to high deserts and the mountains of the Sierra Madresand reaching 8,000 feet. Temperatures can range from cool mornings with rapid warming through the day. Weather updates with temperature ranges are provided in a MotoDiscovery e-mail Communique right before the tour.
Is it safe?
Know that we consider this a priority. Over 30 million travelers come to Mexico on average each year. While we consider the safety question to be overblown, we still take it seriously and recognize that there are territorial criminal elements engaged in drug related activity in many parts of Mexico. These elements are not known to bother tourists as this only brings unnecessary attention to them. It is a strange coexistence. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns knowing that at any time, anywhere, we feel your security is compromised , we will be honest and respond accordingly.
I don’t speak Spanish.
No worries. We have native speakers on all of our tours in Mexico. Many people in Mexico speak English. We encourage you to learn a few words and we will gladly provide some lessons along the way if you wish!
What documents are required to enter Mexico?
A passport is required on entering the country. For motorcycle temporary importation, an ORIGINAL registration, drivers license and a credit card are also needed.We will go into detail in pre-tour Communiques.
What about bringing my own motorcycle?
This tour is ideally suited for bringing your personal motorcycle. MotoDiscovery will inform you of reasonable Mexico insurance options and the required documents for your temporary importation. Rentals are also available. Contact MotoDiscovery for specifics.
Can MotoDiscovery design a private tour just for me and my friends?
The Baja & Copper Canyon Mexico Road Tour is a great model for us to build you a private and customized touring experience, just for you and your friends. Contact MotoDiscovery for consultation.
Will I get more information?
Tour preparation is important. You will receive electronically a comprehensive tour booklet that will address all your questions. You are encouraged to call or send us an email at any time if you have additional questions. We welcome your inquiries.
When should I sign up?
Now. Please. Early sign ups are essential in order that we can secure the best of accommodations and make certain you receive the motorcycle of your choice. Call your friends. Organize a group. Start your planning today.