Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: email@example.com
Heart of Colorado Adventure Tour
Another BDR inspired ride that brings you the best of Colorado.
This tour is characterized as MotoDiscovery ADV+ meaning that novices should inquire further to see if this is the tour for you. Prior off road experience is required. In the hands of experienced riders accustomed to off road touring on larger and heavier dual purpose motorcycles, this ride will offer the expected challenges. However smaller and lighter motorcycles are more forgiving and less physically demanding and are encouraged. The Heart of Colorado ADV tour brings you all of the wonder of the Rocky Mountains with breathtaking vistas, historic remnants of the Gold Rush, and if lucky you may catch a glimpse of a Black Bear or galloping elk. Small groups are a MotoDiscovery standard. To avoid a sell out make sure you reserve a spot soon.
NOTE: This tour, and all MotoDiscovery USA Back Road tours are highly subject to itinerary changes, even last minute, due to weather, forest fire threats, landslide road closures and ongoing research. Please accept this as the nature of adventure travel and count on MotoDiscovery serving your best interests and that of the enjoyment and safety of the group.
- Starts and ends in Grand Junction, Colorado in the shadows of the red rock of Colorado National Monument. A growing schedule of connecting flights offers convenience for fly in arrivals to this hub of exciting outdoor sports and nature activities.
- Ouray, (1877) of Ouray county, southwestern Colorado, U.S. Located in a steep valley of the San Juan Mountains at an elevation of 7,760 ft. / 2,365 metres, the town was established as a mining camp in 1876 and, after the discovery of gold that year, quickly grew to number more than 1,200 permanent residents.
- Telluride (8,750 ft. / 2,667 meters) is a winter snow sports playground. When the snow melts the village hosts many festivals and sporting events. Once an old mining town, you will enjoy the historic district. Voted the #1 Best Small Town to Visit in the USA by US News & World Report.
- The Colorado Gold Rush of 1859 brought settlers into the Rocky Mountains. Today you will see as you ride the remote roads, evidence of those pioneers. Little ghost towns and primitive decaying mining operations invite you to explore.
- In a single day, you can cross a number of Colorado mountain passes, riding along the pathways of pioneers and gold seekers. Monarch (11,312 ft/3,447 meters), Hagerman (11,939 ft/3,639 meters) and McClure (8,793 ft/2,680 meters) are but three of many passes you may traverse on your motorcycle. We will change from tour to tour depending on the weather and road conditions, but you can always expect a “Rocky Mountain High”!
- Wildlife is abundant. Keep your eyes open for elk, moose, black bear, mule deer, marmots and beaver.
- Leadville is the highest incorporated town in the USA at 10,151 ft /3,094 meters. It has a population of less than 3,000 but enjoys an old mining heritage with a well-restored historic district.
- There are no bad roads in Colorado. Paved or unpaved, you are free to accept whatever level of challenge or style of ride you wish each day. If for any reason you are uncomfortable, count on the MotoDiscovery team to offer alternative riding routes that will also put a smile on your face.
- Do you want to extend your riding experience after the tour? Inquire about extended available motorcycle rental and consultation.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
July 14 – 21, 2023
August 7 – 14, 2023
8 days/ 7 nights
8 days/ 7 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Adventure Plus - Expect off road challenges blended with pavement riding and is intended only for riders with prior off road riding experience. Midsize to smaller motorcycles recommended. Larger ADV motorcycles are adequate only in the hands of skilled riders.
July 14 – 21, 2023
August 7 – 14, 2023
Starts at $4,889 USD
Starts at $4,889 USD
How difficult is the riding?
This question is always asked and the answer is the same. The difficulty depends on your experience, physicality and spirit. There is NO mandatory single track on this tour. This ride combines excellent dirt roads and 2-track trails with twisty pavement sections that can’t be missed. All portions of the route are drivable by our support truck which will follow behind the group at all times. This tour is best suited for smaller motorcycles.
Will there be a support vehicle?
Yes. Our support vehicle will be with us for the duration of the event to carry your personal gear, tools, water and non-riding participants (space is limited please give us a call to confirm).
Should I rent a bike or bring my own?
If you have one of the “mega” touring machines such as the BMW R1200GS, and you have not been off-road with it, you may benefit from riding a lighter-weight motorcycle where the weight and performance will not be so overwhelming – so renting should be considered. Fear of dropping your bike is also inhibiting. Contact us to reserve your well-outfitted rental motorcycle.
Will you carry my gear?
Yes. We provide a support vehicle capable of carrying all your extra gear and non-riding passengers as well. Please pack in dust and waterproof duffels. We gladly carry gear but MotoDiscovery is not responsible for any loss or damage.
How large are the groups?
Higher quality service results when groups are smaller. Group size is limited to eight (8) tour participants plus staff.
Can I bring my friend, wife, husband, etc?
Yes. We have a comfortable overland support vehicle that can accommodate a limited number of passengers in comfort and style. If you are planning to ride 2-up, please understand that this is not an event to learn to safely ride off-road with a passenger. Consider attending one of our Rider Training Tours if you would like to sharpen your off-pavement skills.
Can I safely store my truck/van/trailer in Grand Junction, CO during the ride?
Arrangements can be made to store your vehicle and trailer. Please contact us directly for consultation.
What sort of gear will I need to bring?
This will be covered in our pre-trip communication emails along with other valuable preparation tips. Keep in mind that space is limited in the support vehicle and gear can be stowed in Grand Junction at the hotel while on the tour.
Will there be any tent camping?
There is no tent camping on this event.
When should I book my tour?
Book now! For a better touring experience, we keep our groups small and exclusive which frequently results in tours being “sold out”.
Can you design a special tour just for my friends and I?
Yes. MotoDiscovery creates special private customized tours around the world each season. We are experts and regard this as our specialty. Contact us today for more information, or go to our Custom Tour Questionnaire link to begin the process.