Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Istanbul to Venice Motorcycle Road Tour
The Orient Express on two wheels, this multi-country tour is a stylish European motorcycling holiday
The Istanbul to Venice road tour, sometimes referred to as the MotoDiscovery Orient Express, is our favorite Europe motorcycling holiday. On paved roads throughout, you will enjoy seven countries, each with unique history and cultural dynamics. Starting this event in the ancient city of Istanbul, MotoDiscovery has designed a tour with moderate pace, ideal for having a pillion rider, with stylish amenities and uncompromising services such as a support/luggage van, premium level accommodations and memorable dining. The tour ends along the canals of Venice after crossing the Italian Alps, and includes the classical music mecca of Vienna, Budapest, Hungary on the Danube and a scenic ride following the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia. Our desire to provide elevated services and accommodations demands early planning, therefore we request you book your tour as soon as possible. Please call us if you have any questions.
The ride is suitable for a passenger however to be clear; this should not be your pillion rider’s first introduction to the world of adventure motorcycling. You may wish to consider having your favorite passenger join you for a portion of the tour. Contact MotoDiscovery to discuss that possibility, offer consultation on an itinerary and to quote a price for a partial passenger participation.
This tour demands a high level of preparation and advance planning. We strongly urge you to network within your riding circles and friends to have others join you. Even one year prior to tour date is not too soon. Sign up today for this incredibly immersive South America touring experience.
NOTE: This tour will have a unique Trip Cancellation Policy due to the required advance obligations with suppliers. Trip Interruption Insurance is strongly recommended.
- Istanbul, Turkey is one of our favorite cities in the world, an exotic beginning to a romantic riding holiday. With its stunning architecture and layers of thousands of years of history, you should plan to come a few days early. Just let us know. We’ll happily make your pre-tour arrangements.
- Visiting the remarkable 14th Century Greek Orthodox monasteries perched on the pinnacle peaks of Meteora is but one highlight in this ancient land.
- We’ll pass through the tiny country of Montenegro on our way to Croatia. The exceptional riding with panoramic views of the tranquil bay of Kotor will make this day one to remember.
- The Dalmatian Coast of Croatia with its castles and walled seaside cities such as Dubrovnik offer photographers a treasure of inspiration. Two nights in the gem of the Adriatic, Dubrovnik.
- A perfect, romantic couples Europe motorcycle riding holiday, this tour is newly designed to include the city of Budapest, Hungary, on the Danube. This is a premium motorcycle tour experience with the best of accommodations, fine dining, and superb service.
- Vienna, Austria. Think the great music composer classics, Lippenstein stallions, and gothic cathedrals. Two nights here to enjoy this stunning European city.
- The Italian Alps known as the Dolomites provide some of the finest motorcycle sport riding opportunities on the continent.
- The Grossglockner Pass is Austria’s highest and a stunning ride. Earn your sticker! This is Alpine riding at its best.
- It has to be on your bucket list, the historic and romantic canal city of Venice. We end this tour in MotoDiscovery style. Would you like more time? Let us know and we will book your extension, securing additional hotel nights and services as needed.
- As with any MotoDiscovery tour, count on the service to be the best. Groups are limited to 10 motorcycles and traditionally run small to permit a more relaxed pace and intimate touring experience.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
May 10 – 27, 2023
May 22 – June 08, 2024
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Road Tour - Tour is for experienced road touring enthusiasts, suitable for any style motorcycle and is routed on paved roads throughout.
May 10 – 27, 2023
May 22 – June 08, 2024
Starts at $11,485 USD
12 days/11 nightsStarts at $11,485 USD[/temphc-end]
Is this a good tour for couples?
Yes. You definitely want to share this with your favorite riding partner. The exceptional accommodations, rich history and magic of Europe makes for a very romantic riding holiday.
Where do I fly in and out of?
You will fly into the modern Istanbul International Airport (IST) and fly out of Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE).
Is it safe?
Yes. Taking into consideration the usual and understandable risks of travel, from start to finish we consider this to be a tour without any security or safety concerns.
What about the bikes?
A selection of fresh GS model BMW’s are offered as rentals including insurance.
I keep a bike in Europe. Can I bring my own?
Of course. Contact MotoDiscovery for consultation on how this can be easily arranged. We will provide you a credit towards unused shipping costs.
How big are the groups?
As with any MotoDiscovery tour, count on the service to be the best. Groups are limited to 10 motorcycles and traditionally run small to permit a more relaxed pace and intimate touring experience.
Tell me about the staff team?
The best. MotoDiscovery has enjoyed a long friendship and strong relationship with on the ground providers, including Kazim Uzunoglu and his team. “Kaz” is an authorized tour guide with extensive knowledge of the region and a passion for sharing his profound knowledge. A support van accompanies the tour to carry luggage and manage any unforeseen mechanical needs.
Do I need a visa?
A passport is required. You will only need a visa for Turkey however it is easily obtained on line and can be accomplished right before your arrival. A reasonable fee is applied.
Can you help me if we want to come in early or stay a little longer?
Most choose to arrive early to recover from the flight and take in more of Istanbul. You will definitely want at least one more night in Venice. Consult with us on how we may facilitate pre or post tour services.
Can you assist me if I wish to arrive early or extend my stay after the tour?
Of course. Call on us if you require consultation or any additional services. In most locations, we have a wealth of contacts.
How are the roads?
You will find the roads to be modern and well maintained. The roads on this tour are paved throughout.
Can MotoDiscovery design a private tour just for me and my friends?
The Istanbul to Venice tour is a great model for us to build you a private riding experience, just for you and your friends. A non-motorcycling family activity prior to or after the ride can be custom designed just for you. Contact MotoDiscovery for consultation.
Will I get more information?
Tour preparation is important. You will receive electronically a comprehensive tour booklet that will address all your questions. You are encouraged to call or send us an email at any time if you have additional questions. We welcome your inquiries.
When should I sign up?
Now. Please. Early sign ups are essential in order that we can secure the best of accommodations and make certain you receive the motorcycle of your choice. Call your friends. Organize a group. Start your planning today.