Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: email@example.com
Moab Immersion Motorcycle Training Tour
Enjoy the beauty of Utah and Colorado, obtain motorcycle riding instruction and take a tour, all in one!
MotoDiscovery pioneered the concept of combining a motorcycle tour with ADV motorcycle training. The ability to take newly acquired skills and actively use them in a touring environment enables participants to better retain those skills. The success of this program centers on a curriculum, the essence we credit to be drawn from some of the best trainers in America, building a MotoDiscovery training experience unique in character. Most importantly, this motorcycle training tour addresses the fundamentals of off-road adventure riding, in a small group, low intensity nonjudgmental atmosphere. This tour is perfect if you are new in your desire to explore the world of adventure touring, or if you simply need to cast off bad habits and refine your existing skills. To add to the training, we tour the vicinity of beautiful Moab. The Moab Immersion MotorcycleTraining Tour is the perfect platform for a private event for you, your family, club, dealership and friends. What a great gift to a budding adventure riding enthusiast. Groups are small and sell out early. Rentals are available or you can use your own motorcycle. Call MotoDiscovery for additional details.
- The Moab Immersion Motorcycle Training Tour is just the beginning. Future adventures to far corners of the world can start right here.
- The 3-Step Hideaway, the venue for much of our training, is remote, funky, simple yet perfectly accommodating with home cooked meals, rustic yet comfortable accommodations and views of the La Sal’s in one direction, and the mountains of Telluride in the other.
- Our confidence-building ADV motorcycle training curriculum is built just for us, to serve you. We’ve called on some of the best to nurture our program. We gladly give credit to Bill Dragoo of DART, Jimmy Lewis, Dusty Wessels at West38Moto and others, who’ve inspired and guided us.
- Small groups help ensure that you receive the individual attention for a more productive and rewarding training experience.
- Moab is the center of outdoor adventure in this corner of the American Southwest. While here we urge you to enjoy the Canyonlands and Arches National Park, raft the beautiful Green River or ride the White Rim Trail. So much to do and see.
- To celebrate your success in building your skills, we always have an off-road day of riding to get out and use your newly acquired talent. This day is always a highlight and never fails to inspire riders to further their adventures with MotoDiscovery.
- With over four decades touring the world, MotoDiscovery has unrivaled experience and a golden time-honored reputation. Genuine and caring service has always been core to our values. It starts before you even arrive, welcoming your communications and questions. When it comes to service, we don’t mind bragging; we’re the best. Don’t take our word for it. We invite any request for referrals and references.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
May 15 – 21, 2023
Oct 07 – 13, 2023
7 days/6 nights
7 days/6 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Light Adventure - This category of MotoDiscovery motorcycle tour is likely to involve at least some unpaved surfaces that can be navigated easily by cars and other vehicles. Dual purpose (on-off road) motorcycles are most suitable for this environment and having prior off road riding experience is suggested. No single track.
May 15 – 21, 2023
Oct 07 – 13, 2023
Starts at $4,529 USD
Starts at $4,529 USD
How difficult is the riding?
This question is always asked and the answer is the same. The difficulty depends on your experience, physicality and spirit. There is NO mandatory single track on this tour. This ride combines excellent dirt roads and 2-track trails with twisty pavement sections that can’t be missed. All portions of the route are drivable by our support truck which will follow behind the group or meet at predetermined intersections on all days of the tour. This tour is best suited for smaller street-legal dual-sport motorcycles between 250-800CC equipped with proper off-road tires.
Will there be a support vehicle?
Yes. Our support vehicle will be with us for the duration of the event to carry your personal gear, tools, water and provide riders with the confidence to ride their own pace knowing we have your back. Non-riding participants (space is limited please give us a call to confirm) may also join us in the support vehicle.
Should I rent a bike or bring my own?
If you have one of the “mega” touring machines such as the BMW R1200GS, and you have not been off-road with it, you may benefit from riding a lighter-weight motorcycle where the weight and performance will not be so overwhelming – so renting should be considered. Fear of dropping your bike is also inhibiting. Contact us to reserve your well-outfitted rental motorcycle. Motorcycles available for this event in 2021 and 2022 are the Yamaha WR250R, XT250, Suzuki DRZ400S and the Yamaha Tenere 700.
Will you carry my gear?
Yes. Please pack in dust and waterproof duffels. We gladly carry gear but MotoDiscovery is not responsible for any loss or damage.
How large are the groups?
Higher quality service results when groups are smaller. Group size is limited to ten (10) tour participants plus staff.
Can I bring my friend, wife, husband, etc?
Yes. We have a comfortable overland support vehicle that can accommodate a limited number of passengers in comfort and style. If you are planning to ride 2-up, please understand that this is not an event to learn to safely ride off-road with a passenger. Consider attending one of our Rider Training Tours if you would like to sharpen your off-pavement skills.
Can I safely store my truck/van/trailer in Phoenix, AZ during the ride?
Arrangements can be made to store your vehicle and trailer in Phoenix at the rendezvous hotel. Please contact the hotel directly with information on your vehicle and trailer to confirm.
What sort of gear will I need to bring?
This will be covered in our pre-trip communication emails along with other valuable preparation tips. Keep in mind that space is limited in the support vehicle and gear can be stowed in Phoenix at the hotel while on the tour.
Will there be any tent camping?
There is no tent camping on this event.
When should I book my tour?
Now. For a better touring experience, we keep our groups small which frequently results in tours “sold out”.
Can you design a special Arizona tour just for my friends and I?
Yes. MotoDiscovery creates special private customized tours around the world each season. We are experts and regard this as our specialty. Contact us today for more information, or go to our Custom Tour Questionnaire link to begin the process