Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Years in San Miguel de Allende
Celebrate the New Year with us in Old Mexico
This Mexico tour is designated LIGHT ADVENTURE, only due to foreign riding conditions. It is a ROAD TOUR meaning the route is entirely on paved roads of varying quality and is perfectly suited for singles or couples who have prior road touring experience. With convenient flights available into the Central Mexico city of Queretaro, you will land in the heart of the country’s charming Bajio region known for historical European and early Spanish Colonial influences.
This tour is similar to our Colonial Mexico tour with minor itinerary changes to accommodate the colorful New Year celebrations in San Miguel de Allende, a MotoDiscovery tradition. As well, conditions permitting, a visit to the world renown Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary, adds to an already exciting riding event.
MotoDiscovery is the most experienced and longest running operator of motorcycle tours in Mexico, since 1981. Make your reservation early as groups are small to afford participants the best service on this romantic South of the Border tour.
- San Miguel de Allende has gained international prominence, awarded the most desirable city in the world by readers of Travel & Leisure Magazine. It’s Colonial flare and reputation as an art community and zealously maintained Old World style will enchant you. New Years on the plaza will be a night to remember.
- Patzcuaro is one of our longtime favorite Colonial era towns. With its quaint sprawling plazas, native Tarascan influences and the legendary lake, you will find today’s ride along back roads well rewarded once you arrive at this destination, staging you for one of Mexico’s greatest motorcycling (and Carrera Panamericana Race) roads.
- Mil Cumbres. It means Thousand Peaks. For motorcyclists it is one of the top five riding roads in Mexico along the old Highway 15 through the state of Michoacan. You will see why it is legendary among racers of the La Carrera Panamericana vintage car race, one of the few remaining open road races in the world.
- The Monarch Butterflies. This preserve in the highlands of Michoacan attracts many millions of these creatures, flying and floating upwards of 3,000 miles each autumn from the USA and Canada, only to return northward in the spring. You will witness an amazing cycle of nature.
- Queretaro offers convenient flights from major USA hubs, landing you in the heart of Mexico not wasting any time getting you to the best riding.
- The food. MotoDiscovery has a reputation for fine dining and few countries offer such culinary excitement as Mexico. Foodies will be delighted!
- The Team. With over four decades riding the roads of the world, MotoDiscovery has rightfully earned a reputation as being the best when it comes to your staff team. In regions such as Mexico we rely heavily on our multilingual guides to provide you genuine services, share the culture and history and above all provide a safe and memorable touring experience. It is more than a job. It is a duty and one joyfully embraced. That is how we do it at MotoDiscovery.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2023
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2024
8 days/7 nights
8 days/7 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Road Tour – This tour is for experienced road touring enthusiasts, suitable for any style motorcycle and is routed on paved roads throughout.
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2023
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2024
Starts at $5,549 USD
Starts at $5,549 USD
How difficult is this ride?
This is a MotoDiscovery Road Tour Light Adventure. It’s paved all the way and suitable for any experienced motorcycle touring enthusiast.
How is the weather?
MotoDiscovery travels during what we consider to be optimum riding seasons. Altitudes range from high deserts of 4,000 feet to mountains reaching almost 9,000 feet. Temperatures can range from cool mornings with rapid warming through the day. Weather updates are provided in a MotoDiscovery e-mail Communique right before the tour.
Is it safe?
Know that we consider this a priority. Over 30 million travelers come to Mexico on average each year. While we consider the safety question to be overblown, we still take it seriously and recognize that there are territorial criminal elements engaged in drug related activity in many parts of Mexico. These elements rarely bother tourists as this only brings unnecessary attention to them. It is a strange coexistence. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns knowing that at any time, anywhere, we feel your security is compromised , we will be honest and respond accordingly.
Is this suitable for a passenger?
Yes. Definitely! The Colonial Tour has long been a couples favorite with romantic accommodations, delightful dining, a moderate pace and the discovery of exciting cultures. Share the new year with your friends and loved ones!
I don’t speak Spanish.
No worries. We have native speakers on all of our tours in Mexico. Many people in Mexico speak English. We encourage you to learn a few words and we will gladly provide some lessons along the way if you wish!
How long are the riding days?
Longest day is about 185 miles. Shortest day is approximately 150 miles. Do the days seem short? In miles, yes. Small villages, curvy mountain roads and our desire for having a relaxed pace will easily fill your day. So much to do and see along the way.
What documents are required to enter Mexico?
A passport, drivers license and an easily obtained online Mexico tourist permit for a modest fee. Simple. We will go into more detail on this matter in pre-tour Communiques.
How are the accommodations?
MotoDiscovery strives to provide the best possible accommodations for our riding guests. This tour is no exception. Overall we find lodging on this tour to be very good. In our attempt to seek unique lodging in the centro, the group may be separated in San Miguel, staying in small boutique hotels.
What about the food?
As is the usual MotoDiscovery policy we encourage ordering from an open menu and enjoy sharing with you a great dining experience. You won’t be disappointed. Those with special dietary requirements can count on our cooperation and satisfaction.
Can MotoDiscovery design a private tour just for me and my friends?
The Colonial Mexico tour is a great model for us to build you a private and customized touring experience, just for you and your friends. Contact MotoDiscovery for consultation.
Will I get more information?
Tour preparation is important. You will receive, electronically, a comprehensive tour booklet that will address all your questions. You are encouraged to call or send us an email at any time if you have additional questions. We welcome your inquiries.
When should I sign up?
Now. Please. Early sign ups are essential in order that we can secure the best of high demand accommodations during this holiday period. Organize a group. Start your planning today.