Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oaxaca Day of the Dead Motorcycle Road Tour
A Mexico Fly-n-Ride motorcycle tour filled with colorful traditions and fantastic riding. Paved all the way. Join us!
This is a road tour meaning you can expect it to be paved all the way. You will fly into Mexico City where the group officially gathers. The rental motorcycles are conveniently stationed two hours away in the charming city of Puebla to spare you of having to ride in Mexico City. Transfers, of course are included. Oaxaca is located in the central southern region of Mexico offering exciting riding dynamics, from tropical mountains to the scenic Pacific coastline. The colorful pageantry and native traditions of the Day of the Dead are but one highlight of this highly cultural and history intensive MotoDiscovery experience. Exceptional accommodations and in-depth explorations of Oaxaca’s internationally famed cuisine make this a premium, romantic motorcycle riding holiday. Early reservations are required for this high demand event.
- Mexico. If there is road-worthy riding in this country, we’ve probably done it. Our old brand name, Pancho Villa Moto-Tours says it all; when it comes to motorcycle touring in Mexico, no one does it better than MotoDiscovery.
- Oaxaca (Wua-ha-ka) is located about 300 miles southeast of Mexico City and possesses all the colorful character, pre-Columbian archeology, native indigenous traditions and Spanish Colonial heritage that makes Mexico such a fascinating travel destination. It is the capital city of the state that bears the same name and is famous for its rich and unique cuisine as well-known chef and restaurateur, Rick Bayless will testify. It is also known for one of the most interesting traditions, celebrated by native Zapotec tribes, Día de los Muertos…Day of the Dead.
- This tour originates with your fly into Mexico City or Puebla. Many excellent international flight options are available. You will be met and transferred to the centro of Puebla, a Colonial era gem with a French history and known for its own unique culinary treasures. The ride then takes advantage of great secondary roads to the city of Oaxaca where you will be for two nights, taking optional rides, climbing the pyramids and temples of early Zapotec civilization (500 B.C) at the hilltop archeological city of Monte Alban and wandering the lively markets.
- One of Mexico’s greatest motorcycling roads descends from the Sierra Madres to the Pacific Ocean where two nights will be spent at intimate boutique style villas right on the water. This part of Mexico has it all. You’ll then return to the lovely Colonial city of Puebla for one final night from where you will be transferred back to Mexico City( or Puebla) for your return international flight home.
- The Oaxaca Day of the Dead motorcycle road tour is on paved roads throughout. Exciting culture and history, incredible dining, superb accommodations, idyllic beaches, and of course excellent riding. Our service is genuine and legendary. This will be a holiday to remember.
- A selection of the popular BMW GS model motorcycles are available. You will want to share this one with your friends. Advance bookings are required due to the demand for accommodations in Oaxaca during the Day of the Dead.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
Oct 29 – Nov 7, 2023
Oct 29 – Nov 7, 2024
10 days/9 nights
10 days/9 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Road Tour - Tour is for experienced road touring enthusiasts, suitable for any style motorcycle and is routed on paved roads throughout.
Oct 29 – Nov 7, 2023
Oct 29 – Nov 7, 2024
Starts at $4,849 USD
Starts at $4,849 USD
Is this a good tour for a passenger?
Yes! You will want to share the experience with your riding partner. Roads are paved all the way. The services, quality of accommodations and uniqueness of the Day of the Dead tradition in Mexico make this a fascinating and romantic riding holiday experience.
What is a good motorcycle for this tour?
A selection of motorcycle rentals are made available for this tour, perfectly suited for the roads of Mexico. Inquire if you wish to bring your own motorcycle.
How are the roads?
Expect road conditions to be varying quality of paved surfaces. From open multilane toll highways to some of the best sporting and scenic mountain roads in the country. The riding will be memorable.
How big are the groups?
As with any MotoDiscovery tour, count on the service to be the best. Groups are limited to 10 motorcycles and traditionally run small to permit a more relaxed pace and intimate touring experience.
How is the weather?
MotoDiscovery travels during what we consider to be optimum riding seasons. Altitudes range from sea level to high altiplano and the mountains of the Sierra Madres reaching 8,000 feet. Temperatures can range from cool mornings with rapid warming through the day. Rain is always a possibility. Weather updates with temperature ranges are provided in a MotoDiscovery e-mail Communique right before the tour.
Is it safe?
Know that we consider this a priority. Over 30 million travelers come to Mexico on average each year. While we consider the safety question to be overblown, we still take it seriously and recognize that there are territorial criminal elements engaged in drug related activity in many parts of Mexico. These elements are not known to bother tourists as this only brings unnecessary attention to them. It is a strange coexistence. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns knowing that at any time, anywhere, we feel your security is compromised , we will be honest and respond accordingly.
I don’t speak Spanish
No worries. We have native speakers on all of our tours in Mexico. Many people in Mexico speak English. We encourage you to learn a few words and we will gladly provide some lessons along the way if you wish!
What documents are required to enter Mexico?
A passport is required when entering the country. Should you be bringing your own motorcycle, original title, Mexico insurance, a credit card and driver’s license is also required. Contact MotoDiscovery for more details.
Can MotoDiscovery design a private tour just for me and my friends?
This is a high demand event that would be perfect for you and your private group. But arrangements must be made at least six months in advance. The Oaxaca Day of the Dead Tour is a great model for us to build you a private and customized touring experience, just for you and your friends. Contact MotoDiscovery for consultation.
Will I get more information?
Tour preparation is important. You will receive, electronically, a comprehensive tour booklet that will address all your questions. You are encouraged to call or send us an email at any time if you have additional questions. We welcome your inquiries.
When should I sign up?
Now. Please. Early signup is essential in order that we can secure the best of accommodations and make certain you receive the motorcycle of your choice. Call your friends. Organize a group. Start your planning today.