Find Your Tour
Recent News & Updates
Such a great time we live in, having all these different bikes to choose from! All from large adventure bikes to lighter more capable off-road adventure bikes that still maintain a great highway character. Tell us what you think, best bike out there and why? https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/aprilia_tuareg_660_vs_yamaha_tenere_700_comparisonRead More
We just got back from another fantastic tour through the most beautiful part of Mexico, The Copper Canyon. Stellar group of riders, lucky as can be, dodging rain storms, light traffic and demanding riding.The Canyons unusually green and lush this time of year. Mexican people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people to riders and travellers. The food in mexico is so wonderful, the spices and combinations are so well matched and ingredients fresh and well prepared.check out the photo gallery for more detailed photos in our tour gallery! Copper Canyon Photo GalleryRead More
Training is the best way to spend those downtime months during winter. Head to the beautiful South West USA and prepare for a coming season.Read More
The tradition is deep. It existed 3,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, an annual celebratory reunion with the departed. It would blend with European observance of All Souls Day with the 16th century arrival of Spanish Conquistadors and Christianity. The result is something unique on a global scale. Nowhere will you find this more authentic, than in the Central Mexico region of Oaxaca (wha-ha-ka). MotoDiscovery invites you to joinRead More
Tour Questions? See our FAQ | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patagonia Elegante Motorcycle Tour
Newly designed motorcycle touring adventure bringing you the best of magical Patagonia
The Patagonia Elegante Tour is categorized as LIGHT ADVENTURE, involving some unpaved portions easily ridden by any rider with at least a little off-road riding experience. The beauty of this tour is that we’ve creatively condensed it into a holiday that can be done in less than two weeks while maintaining premium standards. And if you would like a little time to explore Buenos Aires or go to Antarctica at the end of the tour, our service team will facilitate this for you. This tour is well suited for couples or single riders. The natural beauty of southern Patagonia is well known. Complement this with great accommodations, fun dining and seamless services and you have a short but sweet South America adventure. Please make your reservation early.
- As the title implies, on the Patagonia Elegante Motorcycle Tour we’ve elevated the style a notch. Have you been to Patagonia but would like to return with a loved one or family member? Are you short on time? Do you prefer something in the LIGHT ADVENTURE +category rather than an intensive challenge? The Patagonia Elegante Motorcycle Tour is exactly what you need.
- Quality. We stress this because this tour supports the idea that for just a little more, you get a lot more. Consider this a premium touring event in every way.
- Perito Moreno Glacier. It is a natural wonder of the world, 97 square miles, 3 miles wide, and only one of three on the planet that is actually continuing to grow. To feel the energy and witness the thunderous calving of tons of slicing ice will be a highlight of this adventure
- The estancia experience. One can hardly visit Patagonia without enjoying the typical ranch known as an estancia. In our case it will be rustic elegance surrounded by jaw dropping scenery. Be a gaucho for a day enjoying a horseback ride, go fly fishing, take the bike out for exploration. No doubt there will be a traditional asado, grilled meats on an open fire accompanied by fine Argentina wine.
- Torres del Paine is the image often associated with southern Patagonia. Its three granite peaks ascend into the clouds where condors soar. With Puerto Natales serving as your base, you are free to explore. This is one of Chile’s largest national parks. A great ride in the most spectacular of natural settings
- Fine dining. MotoDiscovery continues to adhere to providing the most exciting dining experience possible, offering more meals and distinctive cuisines. Go ahead and compare. We are the best. Mealtime is a celebration at MotoDiscovery. Be prepared to add a few pounds!
- Wildlife is abundant. Scampering foxes and guanacos, cousins of the lama, are common sightings. The South American ostrich known as the nandu will express curiosity as they bound along the side of the road. Condors own the skies. Penguins frolic on beaches. Patagonia is alive.
- The service. We know South America. For decades we’ve been exploring the continent and in this part of the world, experience really matters. Ride this Patagonia motorcycle tour with MotoDiscovery and you are riding with the best.
- The Carretera Austral, that narrow sliver of southern Chile, filled with lakes, beautiful fjords, glaciers and cascading waterfalls. It’s lightly traveled roads make this one of the most pleasant rides of the tour.
- Want to get an idea of the magic of Patagonia? You must see CNN Original Series, Patagonia. Life on the Edge of the World.
- This tour is the ideal platform for a customized private tour just for you and your friends. Interested? Fill out this easy Custom Motorcycle Tour Questionnaire, and let’s get started.
13 days/12 nights
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.
Light Adventure - A portion of this route is on unpaved surfaces although not considered highly technical. Some off road experience is required.
How difficult are the roads?
This is often asked. We term this one as LIGHT ADVENTURE which means having some off road riding skills are helpful. Only 25% of this route is unpaved and the surfaces are well maintained gravel. The experienced touring rider should be able to easily manage this tour. Would you like to up your off-road skills prior to riding Patagonia? Look at our MotoDiscovery confidence building USA-based training event.
Is this a good tour for a passenger?
It is an excellent tour to bring your riding companion. We actually designed this ride with passengers in mind.
What is your meal program like?
The best. Go ahead and compare. We include more dinners than most companies and we strive for dining to be more than just putting on the feed bag. It should be an experience. Open menu is the usual and if you have special dietary requirements, you can count on us to satisfy. Bon appetit!
How are the hotels?
MotoDiscovery always selects accommodations that are in the upper range in style and quality. The Patagonia Elegante Tour is no exception and is even elevated a notch. You will be very pleased.
How do we get to San Carlos de Bariloche, ARG?
Flights will hub in and out of Buenos Aires (EZE). Direct domestic flights from Buenos Aires to Bariloche (BRC) and from Ushuaia Punta Arenas (PUQ) are required. Add these extension flights when purchasing your international flight to Argentina. Do not book your air until advised by MotoDiscovery.
What about the weather?
This tour is scheduled during what is considered optimum riding season. The southern extremes of the continent can be unpredictable so be prepared for anything. Periodically winds can be intense, but this is the nature of Patagonia.
Do you transport our luggage & gear?
Yes. A support vehicle will accompany this tour to carry your luggage throughout the event. We do urge you to pack lightly.
My wife doesn’t ride but would love to experience this tour. What do I do?
Easy. With enough advance notice she can join us as a passenger in the support vehicle. She will be right there enjoying the company of our affable staff and all the inclusions of the tour. This is a common request and open to any friend or family member. We can even arrange for a rental vehicle and a driver, or just the vehicle. Contact MotoDiscovery for details.
Is it safe?
By all means. Politically stable, both Chile & Argentina are well known travel destinations with friendly and welcoming people.
When should I sign up?
PLEASE, make your reservation as soon as possible. A year in advance is not too soon. It is important for you to make a commitment in order that we can secure the best of hotels and services in this popular part of the world. Don’t delay!
I would like a private tour just for me and my friends. Can MotoDiscovery do this for me?
Yes. Private customized tours are our specialty. We collaborate with you in the design of the event, scheduling it on dates that are to your liking, building in amenities, services and inclusions to meet your tastes. Contact us for details. You can also start by filling out Custom Tour Questionnaire